As you may have heard, on 25 May 2018 the data laws changed. This means you will have more control of your own data and how it's used.
You don’t need to do anything differently to receive our communications, but you can change your subscription options at any time should your circumstances change.
What is classed as personal information?
Personal information is classed as your name, email address, telephone number and delivery address.
When do we collect personal information?
• When you make an online ticket purchase, we collect your name, email address, telephone number and delivery address.
• When you make a ticket purchase via telephone, we collect your name, email address, telephone number and delivery address.
• When you complete the ticket purchase form on our leaflet, we collect your name, email address, telephone number and delivery address.
• We also collect your card details while you are making a payment. These details are only used whilst payment is being made and are not stored by ourselves or our secure service provider.
• When you subscribe to our email newsletter, containing information about forthcoming events, ticket offers and information regarding the Harrogate Spring and Autumn Flower Shows. All the emails you receive contain unsubscribe links if you no longer wish to receive this information.
• When you subscribe to our leaflet distribution, containing information about the Harrogate Spring and Autumn Flower Shows. You can be removed from our leaflet mailing list at any time by telephoning us at 01423 648212. Details of how to be removed from our leaflet mailing list are also included on each leaflet.
• When you contact us by sending a message, writing to us or telephoning.
• When you enter a Harrogate Flower Show competition or offer and agree to subscribe to our email newsletter.
How do we use your personal data?
We use personal data only to process your requested transaction and to send you information if you have subscribed to receive our email newsletter or leaflet containing details of forthcoming events, ticket offers and information regarding Harrogate Spring and Flower Shows.
How do we protect your personal data?
We treat the customer data with the utmost care and we take all appropriate steps to protect it. Credit card details are not stored once payment has been made. All the transaction data is transmitted over HTTPS which is secure technology for transactional purposes. We regularly monitor our systems for possible attacks and vulnerabilities
Do we share your personal data?
The personal information we collect will not be disclosed, shared or sold with any third parties for marketing purposes. We do need to share data with secure service providers involved in processing transactions as part of an order or authorised communication fulfilment carried out on behalf of Harrogate Flower Shows. Tickets and products are delivered through approved couriers, via Royal Mail.
Can you access your personal data?
If you wish to access the personal data we hold about you, please call us on 01423 648212 or email [email protected]
How do you stop receiving information from Harrogate Flower Shows?
You will only receive information from us if you have purchased a product from us or have subscribed to receive our communications. The email newsletter contains an immediate unsubscribe option if you no longer wish to hear from us. If you wish to stop receiving an information leaflet or other communications, please email [email protected] or call 01423 648212.
Payment gateway policy
We encrypt data to safeguard your payment information and only accept orders from web browsers which have a secure connection.
What is a cookie?
What is in a cookie?
Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of the website. You can block cookies by going into your browsers control panel/preferences.